Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Dawn of A Dead

What if I knew the Way, but not the name
His glory made manifest sans the shame
Would you despise the claim
Would I be loved the same?

Who's opinion matters in this existence
Why do we run to attack another's resistance
He's the same tomorrow, today and ever since
Do all of His have to be so dense?

Increase the peace by increasing the talk
Seems to be too much chatter and not enough walk
Tombs white washed, outside's as chalk
No wonder the dying prefer to balk

It works for you and that's fine
I've got my truth to bide my time
Don't bother with me if you're so inclined
No absolutes have made me blind

We're a seamless cloth or so I'm told
I want to walk, if I be so bold
To show His love and not to scold
To give loving warmth instead cold

I'm left alone to draw conclusions
Conflicting views appear as illusions
I long for community not seclusion
I'm left wanting, drowning in delusion

This can't be it, there must be more
I want the virgin bride and not the whore
I know One who knows the score
I'm sure there are others here to look for

Did they try and just give up
Discouraged at the lack of those with which to sup
I struggle now to keep my head up
Knowing the half full becomes the half empty cup

Grant me please to find a few
Just some siblings to cling to
We'll hang together threw and threw
If not, we'll die alone, still seeking You

Maybe it's You that gets us and You alone
After all, you knitted the muscles, sinews and bone
You've know us all along
You set eternity within us, like a song

Forgive my greediness, but I must continue to ask
To send the sojourners with which to bask
To travel this sod, to aid in the task
To share the plate and drink from the same flask

If no one ever comes to call
I'll press on and stand tall
I know you'll continue to lift me when I fall
You're the reason for this all





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home