Saturday, October 23, 2004

Yesterday

Yesterday's gone...and it ain't coming back, but I thought that I'd at least leave one passing remark about the day. It was pretty significant for reasons beyond the obvious. Not only did my D celebrate her 33rd year on the planet, I finally realized the hand of the Almighty at work in my life through her all those years ago yesterday.

She's perfect...for me. She loves me unconditionally and supports me unquestionably. She's got my back and does some heavy lifting from time to time. She encourages, nourishes, shelters and does so many other things that the 14k+ words that I've already written in this blog wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface as to her worth to me. She's priceless...to me.

The thing that blows my feeble mind is that yesterday I finally realized that He knew all these things from the start. He created in someone else a great work that would ultimately mold a great deal of who I was, am and will be, before I would even realize it. He placed my future bride in the womb of her mother with me in mind. He knew that one day this wonderfully knitted together babe would grow to provide a priceless service to her future family and very blessed husband.

He knew it all along...how weak I am and unable to do what He wants without her help. I thought that He knew this 33 years ago, but truth be told, He knew this before He labored on His beautiful Creation. I feel like such a fool. He knew, knows and knows still, while the enlightened one that types this just realized it yesterday...

3 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Brother, I have a wonderful wife as well. God is good. I woke-up this morning and told her how blessed we are to have the kind of love that we have. What a gift.

Great post,
Rick

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cam @ArcadiaTrails said...

Awwww! This is so sweet! And in a real sweet kind of way--not "sah-weet!"

11:59 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

Brother, I have a wonderful wife as well. God is good. I woke-up this morning and told her how blessed we are to have the kind of love that we have. What a gift.

Great post,
Rick

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home