Saturday, October 09, 2004

All Hail the Thief

This Master Thief of mine not only stole my pain away
He's stolen quite a bit of other stuff too
Matter of fact, He continually steals from me whenever we are together
How He does this I haven't even a clue

I guess I should have known better, judging from His history
I knew He had taken stuff before
I just never knew how much He would or could take
When He knocked and I opened the door

I'd heard He took a long awaited promise away with His very presence
I also heard He took away people's perception
Of an apparently misunderstood prophecy
Leaving us with a perfectly fulfilled reflection

He took away the power of the pious and the proud
He took away barriers and fed the hungry crowds
He took away guilt and showed us how to truly live
He took away our sin and left us with a gift only He could give

He continually takes from me and I'm glad that He does
He takes all my crap and still gives me unconditional love
He takes my selfish pride of an unbended knee
And yet, He's still there waiting patiently

He takes my ugliness and covers it with grace
He steals away the blackness of sin and leaves not a trace
He took away the promise of my death
Leaving me with a desire to one day see Him face to face

This Master Thief is to be admired and so much more
He should be all we want, need and live for
He truly adored His creation and still does
How could I not, above all else, only Him love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home