Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm a loser baby...somebody kill me

Well, it looks like the trip to Seattle that I've been jonesin' over is off for now. It just doesn't seem like the right thing to do amid all that's going on right now. Cam overheard us talkin' about it at the dinner table and started to get a little moist and said that he'd miss me if I flew on that plane. Life's been so crazy lately that I think that I'll err on the conservative side this time. I just don't know...sometimes when it just doesn't make since, it's turns out to be the right thing to do...
I say we bring back the whole idea of casting lots like they did back in the day. His will would be so much easier to discern this way. I'm constantly at battle with this...do I want to do it because it's what He wants or what I want? would He have me say this or that? or do this or that? or etc., etc., etc. The possibilities I find myself entertaining from time to time are enough to make me go out of my mind. Am I the only one that does this?
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
I can relate Paul...sometimes I just hate myself!

1 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Lee,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Funny, I love this Beck tune you mention in your post. Good stuff.

HOpe to "see" you again soon.

Peace,
Rick

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home