Friday, October 08, 2004

Thief Worship

I never figured thievery for an attribute to find admirable, but as all too often happens to me, I find myself re-thinking my original position. As a matter of fact, I'm even considering taking up the trade as I've recently thought of One who was quite possibly the greatest of all at this particular craft. He was a true mastermind and in a class all His own when it came to the stealth-like attributes of the thievish.
I could never hope to be His equal though. As much as I hone my skills and submit myself to the discipline, I won't even come close. He's still my idol and the ideal to which I pattern my life. I found what works for me as I've heard one say of me, while I follow this master thief.
Maybe the irony of His death is that he spent His last hours between 2 other thieves. These couldn't hold a candle to my Master Thief though. You see, as the song plays and I think of how He was held (nailed) high, it proclaims:

I wanted you to know, I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away

and you wanna know what...He has.


1 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Lee,

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I too enjoy your blog. Feel free to link me to your blog. I am flattered. I will do the same with yours. You can add "blogroll" at no charge to your blog.

Loved your post. Never thought of Jesus as one who was the Master Thief. That is an image for me to meditate on today. Good stuff.

God's peace,
Rick

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home