Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Overhead

I work in the basement. Not much happens here. Well, not much compared to the action overhead. Overhead is life. Overhead is death. Overhead is pain. Overhead is pleasure.

I can't help but feel the weight of the sorrow from overhead. Lately, souls have slipped into eternity at a pretty hectic rate, overhead. I hear the code being called for the 17 year old, who just hours earlier was riding with friends. I can almost feel his soul exit the building as his family grasps for anything to hold on to. As tragic as this is, I can't help but think back to 1 who left us last rotation I worked.

She traveled the wide road as she left her earthly tent. She didn't have to. She was only 42. She didn't have to go. She had an issue with blood.

I got the call from a nurse bud of mine. He shared her faith. He inquired of a new product not yet available. It was to be a substitute. It may be their only hope.

I got the info for him. The product is polyheme and is feted to have excellent oxygen carrying capacity. The study shows promise, but as I read further I sadly knew that this 'other way' was going to bring them back to the reality that rings true in the physical as well as the spiritual.

Polyheme is a synthetic, but it's derivation brings us back to the same old problem. You see, plolyheme is derived from the same substance to which these would try to live with out, the blood. A spiritual reality was made manifest in the physical realm that day and it is this. There is no hope with out the blood.

She was still clinging to this reality as I left that morning, but I knew that she was destined to be pried into eternity unless she relented. I came back later that nite for my shift and heard what I knew was to come. With a hemoglobin of 2 and refusing to take the blood, she left this existence. I was quickened to my core as I knew that she not only rejected the blood in a very physical sense, but her rejection of His blood granted her her wish.

He loves us all to death...His death, and He longs for our death too. A death to self, pride, lust, greed and a million other things that long to keep us from Him. As much as He loves us, He honors us and our wishes. If we wish not to immerse ourselves in the blood that keeps us and saves us from this wide way, we get what we've shown that we wanted in this life.

We are pretty smart folks and continue to be innovative beyond imagination, but there still is no substitute. There is no other way besides The Way. There is no other truth besides The Truth. There is no other life besides The Life. There remains no other synthetic substitutes by which we may truly live.

I would beg you to die. Feast on His flesh and imbibe on His blood and truly live. You don't want to be found overhead without it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

all the theology, all the formulas, all the buildings and all the treasures we amass for ourselves cannot replace the basic truth of your post...
we die with out Him. that message, peirced my soul this morning.

"Go and tell this people, be ever hearing, but never understanding, be ever be ever seeing but never percieving. Make the heart of this people calloused, make their ears dull and close their eyes." Isaiah 6:9-10

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home