Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A Year

"...this is a letter of resignation. I am saying good-bye. Good-bye to all of you who like this old room, who can still live here and feel okay, still feel anything at all but the need to leave. I suppose this is a letter of warning, too. This old room is going to be the end of you, I do really believe that, if you choose to stay. This room is not a place that encourages or even values the things we are supposed to hold as precious and sacred. You should get out now, save what is worth saving - if in fact you can find anything of the sort - and get out. Get out and help with the gasoline and the matches."

--SIMPLICITY by mark salomon

It's been a year now. A year since these words ever became a reality in my present consciousness. A year since mark helped revive this slumbering soul. You see, I was very comfortable. I was very content, as I lay on the deathbed of my own religion, comfortable in the rigors of methodology and lost in lifeless liturgy.

The alarm still sounds...are you ready to rise?

I read the lyrics to Sand Dollar found in the book once more and smiled as it just "happened" to play on my xm radio on the ride home...

Some how, somewhere,
I've lost a part of me
Got caught up in this twisted place,
and I lost simplicity.

With my eyes wide, I'd like to thank and curse mark, for ruining my peaceful slumber and saving my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cam @ArcadiaTrails said...

That book seems to have a similar effect on everyone, huh. Thanks for sharing it with us.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home