Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Awakenings

I feel like there is no need for conversation
Some questions are better left without reason
And I would rather reveal myself than my situation
Now and then I consider, my hesitation

You ever consider the pricelessness of consistency? Does it go without saying? How's your consistency?

I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation

What motivates you or do you drown in apathy? Do you dare to make a difference or does comfort befriend and stifle your kinetics? Do you worship at the sanctuary of stationary?

There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction
I know I cross the lines its not easy to define
I'm born to indecision
There's always something new some path I'm supposed to choose
With no particular rhyme or reason

I feel the vastness of my being is capable of numerous contradiction...unfortunately. Could indecision have led to original sin? Maybe there is something to be said about the path least traveled.

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

Nothing like the imaginary to leave us with a false sense of ourselves. The more I pretend, the more I procrastinate and perpetuate a pseudo-self. Oh for great awakenings...

1 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

First thing that came to my mind while reading your post: "Dude, you need to write a frickin' book."

Great.

Peace,
Rick

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home