Thursday, September 23, 2004

Blown Together, Blown Away

Something amazing always seems to happen in the face of tragedy and this has been no exception. It has been a great pleasure to have a front row seat to it all, and I don't recall being any prouder than now to be associated with the community in which I call home. I've caught a glimpse of hope and it is a beautiful site to behold.
The same winds that birth tragedy and loss also blow away all the meaningless crap that accumulates and brings a truly vivid perspective. They also have blown us all together in unity to strive for a common goal that is survival. I stand in awe as neighbors rush to aid others, providing food, water, gas, labor or whatever...lifting each other up, carrying burdens, unknowingly or perhaps knowingly fulfilling the law of Christ. To see some that I know don't ever darken a church door do these things brings joy to my heart, for I know that whether they acknowledge Him or not, He is the reason for this.
He is the reason that I do what I do or don't do what I don't. He is the reason that I live. He is the reason that I die. He is the reason that I laugh. He is the reason that I cry. He is the reason for it all. He's placed this reason within us, all we've got to do is realize it. We've just got to close our eyes and then we can truly see. When we walk by faith we can be all that He wants us to be.
He's set eternity within us, it's all up to us where we want to spend it. Do we give Him His due for the good that we are able to do, or do we want center stage? After all, we're only able to do this or anything, because He first granted this autonomy.
I'd pray for a hurricane everyday if it meant that we could be this way all the time, but I know that it's fleeting at best. It's just been a week and folks are already grumbling about who has electricity and who doesn't. I'd pray constantly to be blown together like this and to be blown away by the ambiance. I know that one day we'll be blown together in His presence and then...yes then, we'll most assuredly be blown away...by Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home