Thursday, March 02, 2006

save me

i ingested christ last nite.

we had communion & i haven't been able to think much on anything else. i remember pondering heavily the events of my life the moments that led up to the taking of the cup & bread. i considered not participating, just because of the seriousness of doing so in an unworthy manner.

i proceeded w/caution & now reflect on the importance of the act as the only thing that can save me. i've taken my portion from the table for some 28 yrs now & i don't think that it's ever been this significant to me before. sad, i know.

you see, i guess that i'm like a lot of folks that commit wrongs...

i beg, seek & strive for forgiveness...

i want to be made whole again & be wholly accepted again...

to be made warm & snuggly in the awesome embrace of the mighty arms of my father...

i know that he does so whenever i ask it...

it's just that...

i'm not always as ready to forget...

the past, my failures, my screwups, my ignorant motives...

i know that he forgives & accepts...

i'm just not so sold on myself...

when it comes to myself...

so,

as i felt the bread in my mouth & experienced the wine down my throat...

i prayed that it truly be the flesh & blood of christ...

the only thing that can save me from me...

my heart has belonged to the king for some time now...

my head, flesh & bones remain a different story...

save me...

i don't care how you do it...

save me...

from me...

4 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I have often wondered what is looks like. we need to put a face on some things. faith in action, humility, freakish desire, unleashed obedience, complete willingness.

I wonder what Paul looked like. short fat guy with a bald head, ugly teeth and gnarly feet.

I see jesus in you. in your words, I hear Him in your voice.

look behind yourself sometimes when you walk down the halls of your employ. for I am sure you will see the Holy Spirit in your tracks.

through you, he blesses me, draws me and inties me.

for being a willing vessel of clay...thanks

12:05 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I read this. Lee, sometimes I don't know how to comment, but I have never once read a post by you that did not touch me in some way and this one may even change me..especially in the way that I view communion.

2:43 PM  
Blogger lee said...

you guys are awesome...

a cool drink when my throat's parched...

blessings...

pure blessings...

thank you...

10:42 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

Hey brother,

You rock. Great psot. I miss you man. Hope all is well.

Love to the family

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home