Tuesday, February 28, 2006

cynical indifferences

funny how god's will can look differently from person to person, perspective to perspective & situation to situation. the underlying thread remains the same, it's just that the overlaying fabric can vary greatly. most folks may have some trouble w/this.

the fashions that form individual faith doesn't always appeal to the masses or maybe even to the few & i just gotta believe that that's ok. jesus is alive & well & @ work in a great variety of different ways regardless of our cynical indifferences. lately he seems very pleased to work through these odd ways whether anyone notices or not & especially in spite of our blessings of acceptance & acknowledgement.

i've often found that he enjoys the process all the more when our ignorances outweigh our intelligence. perhaps the space found there is broader, less restrictive & deeper than we may ever realize. i've only recently come to embrace this & find some level of comfort w/in it.

in my ignorance & lack of control, much is accomplished w/out it ever being about me our how things should be. the further i go, the less i know that i know & the more comfortable i am about it. paradoxical precision of these processes push me further into faith, because it is out here were it often feels that it's all that i've got.

trying to explain this often times exceeds my abilities & i just have to hope that people will wish to journey along rather than become stoically judgmental. this isn't always the case & i've learned to be fine w/that. the hand of providence that just so happens to move all us believers along is a massive thing & i must be reminded of that often.

the unknown beckons us all...

sad that only a few are ever able to get over themselves enough to answer the call...

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I struggle with sameness. not on the outside, or even in, but as a thought.

difference is what makes us unique, but there has to be, in my eyes, a sameness that binds, or ties, or becons (as you say)towards one place.

many things take up my thoughts as of late.

but here I stand and ponder.

united under a banner of faith? being set apart for him must look like something recognizable...doesn't it???

have we changed the original message of "repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand!" to a more inviting and otherwise less demading thought?

I wonder...

as I see Him guide each day, in my life, and those aroiund me, and even in my church! YES in my church...

why are we so different from than in the begining.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

ignorance vs. intelligence, I like that since I'm more ig than int

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home