Tuesday, February 21, 2006

@ the moment

life's a funny thing...

sometimes it's as easy as a summer breeze, other times it's as hard & cold as a dreary day in the south w/winds that cut to the bone. i don't understand what makes it so, but this is my reality. 1 that i've constantly got to remind myself of & deal with.

the thing is...

do i acquiesce to circumstance, or do i do what i'm called to & rise above despite my environment? do i succumb to the flesh or nail it, die to it & overcome it? the choice is always mine...

the choice...

we're constantly faced w/choices. some easy, some a great deal harder than the rest, but our character & who we are as created beings have everything to say as to how we deal w/them.

i'm coming clean here...

i want greatness...

not the kind that is readily recognized, but 1 that points to something much grander & amazing than my existence could ever possible illustrate in it's entirety. this leads me to & down paths that are often times not easily traversed &/our explained. when viewed in the grand scope, i hope that 1 could look & see providence in spite of myself.

i don't really know what else my life could be @ the moment...

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

"I prayed a strange prayer today. I prayed that the Lord would magnify Himself in me to the utmost, or slay me. By His grace I will not have His second best."

Jim Elliot 1948 (give or take a year)

it seems when we want best more, what we really want is death.

Die well Brother.

6:18 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

it seems our power to choose is perhaps our greatest power and God's greatest gift.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home