Monday, January 02, 2006

the word was god

the place that used to house my fear & anxiety has a new resident. my past would reveal a kid whose disdain for reading was only exceeded in his hatred for writing. don't get me wrong, i was always a decent student, i was just more analytically driven & preferred the company of #'s & equations to those of the words & phrases, regardless if i wrote them or not.

needless to say, the blank page was not my friend, especially when it was up to me to fill it w/what i considered to be some mindless dribble. elaboration was foreign to me as i can recall stares as blank as the page in front of me coming from my face. what's the point of story, when i can bullet point the underlying theme & be done & on to the next thing?

formulaic expression through the written word proves as homogeneous as oil & water. the same goes for a life structured this way as well. inherent truth shines through all phases of existence i suppose.

learning to embrace my weaknesses has truly been a life altering experience. i've grown into a reader that longs to express himself through writing in hopes of connection. i've been blessed in this venture so far & look forward to what lies ahead.

i readily embrace the blank page that is '06. regardless of what it holds, the words that comprise the story are the point. i realize now the process of journey in light of the overall destination.

joy & great expectation now live in the blank page. opportunity is mine for the taking. this is only because of a faith that subversively runs through every letter of every word & points to a defining of my very being.

my life is not my own. i live to illuminate a death to self. i live to experience the words that fill my page and allow others to if they would.

the word was god...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home