Thursday, December 15, 2005

thankful still?

originally posted 8/10/5

What am I thankful for...


PRYOR THANKFUL FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS

Comedian RICHARD PRYOR claims multiple sclerosis has had a positive effect on his life, because it ended a downward spiral further into drug addiction.

The 64-year-old was diagnosed with the debilitating disease in 1986 and is now wheel-chair bound and cannot speak - but he insists he has lead a more fulfilling life since his diagnosis.

Pryor - who attempted suicide in 1981 and battled drug addiction throughout much of the 1970s and 1980s - explains, "I found that my life, instead of ending because of MS, changed.

"Perhaps it was God's way of telling me to chill, look at the trees, sniff the flowers rather than the coke and see what it's like to be a human being."

1 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

This is what I will always remember about Richard Pryor...I recall him saying this and was very inspired and touched.

Sadly, sometimes it takes something pretty severe to get us to slow down and look up.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home