Friday, December 16, 2005

Conformational confirmation

back in the day, i used to get upset when i'd see guys in a band that were xtians refusal the label as xtian band to be known as a 'spiritual' band instead. fact is i didn't understand the reasons for this & took it as a slight to jesus. not knowing their walk personally & all the baggage that they were forced to carry as being pioneers of sorts, it made it really easy to thro rocks from a far.

having been privy to some things lately gives me pause & empathy to the path these guys have been walking for some time now. this whole titling thing also seems pretty relevant in light of all the yap about holiday trees, greetings & the like. i guess that people like to make missing the point a grand event which only serves to illuminate their great acts of martyrdom.

pretty pathetic if you ask me...

i could really care less want you call me, because i'm confident in who i am, where my identity's bedrocked & in the fact that you'll never diminish me or the 1 i serve by what you do or say. i read a quote today that cemented this for me. guess that this just serves as more confirmation to my confirmation...

'religion is for those who don't want to go to hell. spirituality is for those who've been there.'

seems more & more like losing your religion could be the best thing for most people. disconnecting w/the man-made & merging absolute realities w/our spiritually unknown selves not only makes us whole, it returns us to our roots. this holistic faith not only births the incarnational, it brings the more abundant life that we're all looking for.

it took a while, but i'm definitely glad that i'm here. wild horses couldn't drag me away. anybody care to join me...?

2 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Great post. One of my favorite quotes, too. I often wonder if those who did not want to identify as "X" knew soemthing that I didn't. Perhaps they were further along in their journey. In some ways it is just selling out for Christians and making Christians okay. I can't say that I blame them now.

That me in the corner... that's me in the spotlight.

Love you bro.
Rick

11:09 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

wild horses.........

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home