Saturday, December 03, 2005

Confirmation or Coincidence?

Recently I've been struggling w/the call to do something out of my comfort zone. As much as I hate to admit it, I believe that I got my answer last night @ work. This next week is going to be a challenge for me, but w/guidance I know I'll be able to persevere.

I'm usually not the 1 to attempt things that seem rather senseless or w/little opportunity for success. I usually like to just shrug my shoulders & say oh well rather than make my thoughts known to those that aren't really interested in hearing them. In other words, I absolutely hate confrontation even if it appears inevitable.

I was going about my merry way @ work when it happened. A good friend who's come to me for advice in the past shared something w/me that disturbed her. Weird part was, that her story was totally unsolicited & unrelated to anything that had been going on in the department up until that time.

Jennifer told me about coming out of class @ the local JC when she was approached by a girl that she's never seen before. The girl starts to ask her if she's saved & how God loves her & how God told her to approach her & ask this questions. Needless to say, Jennifer was freaked & replied w/an 'I'm uncomfortable talking about that...'.

If you've read the post below this 1, you know that somethings up. This is not coincidence. I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing.

So, it looks as if I've got an appointment to make w/a man who's been behind a pulpit practically as long as I've been alive. This unnerves me somewhat, but I don't believe that I can be true to myself if this doesn't happen. At best, we share & gain understanding & perspective from the interaction & @ worst, I become a whipping boy & sermon example.

Sad part is, is that this won't be the 1st time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home