Monday, December 05, 2005

Fundamentally Focused

Well, it's done. I talked w/Dr. Dennis Morris, pastor of Trinity Baptist Church & am totally amazed. It wasn't at all as I expected & it gives me hope.

I found the pastor to be 1 of the most gracious & soft-spoken men I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. He readily listened to me, quite his junior & even asked my input for suggestions. He never became argumentative or offensive.

I shared w/him my concerns as to their approach to evangelism & he sincerely thanked me for the information. When I told him of the awkwardness that his men perpetuated that night he even went so far as to offer to call each neighbor personally to apologize. I was totally blown away.

While we may never see eye to eye on certain aspects of faith, I'm proud that 2 could dialogue successfully about the One. We all too often end up focusing so much on our differences that we never pause long enough to consider the similarities. We serve an amazing God...

3 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

thanks for being theology with skin instead of armor.

not many, me included, have the sand to actually put feet to that whole process.

you are becoming what we who yap all the time about how bad things are, about how wrong everything is should aspire to be.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Good for you! I'm so glad it turned out better than you expected :)

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that we would all follow where God leads and truly be servants! Thanks for leading by example. All things are possible....

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home