Friday, November 18, 2005

Put Up or Shutup

I've really been diggin' the new Demon Hunter of late. It gets me pumped, challenges me & stirs the long muted chords attached to heart strings that I forget that I've got from time to time. The music comes across as conflicted to me, mixing beautiful melodies w/tortured screams of angst which is perfect, because I'm conflicted. I possess strength to love in copious amounts 1 day, then find myself the most bitter, short-tempered jerk on the face of the planet.


Although I'm not the man that I was 2 years ago, I'm still in need of vast improvement. There's a great deal of hope & optimism for the days that lay ahead & that seems to be the only thing that gets me out of bed sometimes. I still trip from time to time & want to pull the covers over my head in hopes of the world forgetting that I exist & maybe, just maybe I'll disappear.


Regardless of my mood of late, I've found in the last lines of The Triptych's The Tide Began to Rise words that sum up my reason for being. It's kinda of an all or none statement that puts everything on the line & quickens my spirit every time I hear it. Welcome to my new world...


So I remember on the inside

If this is all the love my spirit can give
Just take it back tonight
There is not a reason more to live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home