Saturday, November 05, 2005

Millstone Justice

I was shocked more in 1 hr last night, than I've been in quite some time. I don't know if you caught it, but if you happened to see Dateline last night you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm still in awe & am trying to sort through all the emotions now.

The show was about sexual predators & their use of internet chat rooms to lure kids into rendezvous for sex. I still can't believe what I, & especially who I saw as the Dateline folks set up a sting operation to see just how many of these perverts would show up. In the span of 3 days, 15 showed up. It wasn't just your run-of-the mill scum either, the group included a rabbi, a special ed teacher & a er doctor.

My initial response was 1 that included a great deal of violence. Hey, let's just forget about that whole sea part & bash these bastards head's in w/the freakin' millstone. Right?

While I in no way whatsoever do I condone the actions of these 'men', I still wonder at the spectacle. I also wondered & continue to do so if I'm the only 1? Did anybody else notice?

The ads that ran during this show were laced w/innuendo & flat-out sexual references to promote particular products. I remember 1 in particular that cues a woman reaching ecstasy & using word play to suggest anything but what the commercial was about...a jacket. How ironic.

We're all set to decimate the scum before us that would prey on children, all the while we get our arousal fix for 2 minutes & 2 seconds at a time. Talk about your mixed messages. Could we possibly be this blind?

I shudder to think that the answer is yes.

Before you get all nuts on me, please consider this. I don't know the answers or claim to have it all figured out, I'm just raising some questions that should be considered. Neither am I saying that all computers should be thrown out the window along w/our tv's, but I can't help but wonder where the line should be drawn. Where should personal responsibility begin and the cultural 1 end?

Are we always going to be doomed to down play our own depravities by exposing those of a worse nature? Are we always going to be doomed to missing the point? Where does grace fall on those that are apparently so sick that they act out in ways that seem to demand our own brand of condemnation w/no hope of salvation?

As my anger turns to sorrow, I'm left to ponder. Is God's grief greater for the predator on the screen or the 1 watching it? I can only begin to wonder at the enormity.


I remember well the night @ church where similar reasoning was expressed. In reference to homosexuals, people started batting around terms like 'alternative lifestyle' as if their's wasn't. Point was & is & forever will be that any lifestyle contrary to the teachings of Jesus & His will are 'alternative' in nature.

Oh that we would 1 day awaken from our religious induced coma. When that day comes, all will explode w/a passion of the likes that none have seen before save for 2k years ago. May it come quickly.

God help us all...

4 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Dude, you need to be writing for a national publication. This is outstanding!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee, I did not see this show but I don't have to see it to understand your anger and agree with you. I'd like to smash a few skulls with millsontes too.

And yes - I blame it mostly on our society that uses sex to sell just about any and everything.

I know how easy it is to fall into an online relationship, I've done it many times and became addicted to cyber sex after I finally overcame my lifestyle of promiscuity in "real life". I could not get enough of it - it was a very controlling thing for me to have that kind of power.

But, I am an adult and I knew what I was doing and was not preying on children...just men, motstly creeps that were married. When adults prey on children, there is no excuse. I feel ill just thinking of it. I feel ill knowing there are sex offenders in my neighorhood.

What are we doing to society? I saw a young teen wearing a shirt that said "who needs brains when you have these" across her bra-less chest? It wanted to find her parents and slap them across the face.

My parents showed no interest in me when I was a girl growing up, but the man across the street sure did. He molested me and I never told anyone. I started having sex at age 13 and by the time I was out of high school had slept with over 200 different guys...and then I quit counting because I thought it was "immature" to keep a list.

Sex is the most powerful thing out there...more powerful than money, or fame or power!

If only we waited for God's blessing and experienced it as he intended. I wish I would have.

I don't know if there is a point to this comment, but as I sit here praising God that He saved me before I died a lonely whore, I am crying and begging Him to help all the young women and men out there who fall into the traps that I did.

Thanks for an outlet.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

ANON...
thanks for a look inside, for the honesty.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home