Monday, November 14, 2005

Christ Swap

Don't know if you caught this or have heard anything about the aftermath, but it was nothing short of a trainwreck. Fox's Trading Spouses show usually features women that are from completely different ends of the spectrum & are forced to swap environments, homes, families, etc. for a week. The payoff is $50k & usually serves as a good eye-opener for those entering in w/an open mind to learn from the experience.


The past swap just so happened to be a 2-parter that featured a swap between a 'christian' lady from south louisiana & a hypnotherapist from maine. It's garnered a lot of yap on the old fox message boards as well as around the water cooler. Margaret really does a # on our faith as she professes plenty & shows little of the love of Christ.

I didn't post about this after 1st seeing it because I figured why bother? Then I began to wonder if therein lies the problem. I feel bad that I've become so accustomed to this now sadly comical view of what most think of christianity. Instead of being pissed, I just kinda shrug my shoulders as if this is typical & to be expected. Maybe it is, but is it to be tolerated? & if not, what are we to do about it?

No answers here today, just despair for what should be beautifully, glorious & the envy of the eyes of the world rather than the disdain. I'd love to say that I'm much better due to the flocks that gather round my house in hopes of the blessings of majesty to roll out my door & onto any 1 particular person, but they're not there. I guess all that I can really say with much assurance is that I'm better than yesterday & I'll guess that that'll have to do...

Maybe instead of wives that it is that we are to swap or make a tv show about, we jettison this wrong-headed idea of our pitiful selves bringing anything of worth or on our own merit are able to advance the wonderfully amazing story of grace, forgiveness & redemption 1 iota. To fully embrace the idea of this amazing story only brings on more wonder when we realize that it's telling is trusted to these very temporal jars of clay, when He could've chosen anything in His universe. That's a thought that a million Margaret's or Lee's will never diminish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

caught a bit of that on "soup".

as much as she freaked me out, I tend to agree with you...
I start out as embarrased, then get angry, then get sad, then get bewildered...mostly at me. she just put a face on how so many of us have reflected how "darksided" we are.

good stuff last few posts. really diggin where you are now. inside, probbin around, shaking off the webs, fannin the flame. diggin it.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really good blog

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home