Saturday, October 22, 2005

No Words

There are no words for this
To effectively articulate this feeling of complete bliss
To try seems vain
For the answer remains the same
It simply can't be done

How do you describe the sun to the blind
Especially when they've never felt it's warmth
Or the grey of the moon as it lights the blackened sky
Shining as a mere reflection of something more majestic

The road to my redemption began some 34 years ago today
It's been progressively subversive at the very least, I say
It's been 34 years that have passed like an eternity
It's been 34 years that have passed like a day

So I sit and stare and try to capture the essence
Wonder and awe in light of her presence
She knows me like no other
She's my wife, my friend, my lover

She lifts me high and steals my pain away
Makes me long for just 1 more day
I say this risking idolatry, but with total honesty
She's ever more like Christ to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home