Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Potty Talk

I'm pretty hesitant to even write the following, but I guess that that's never stopped me before. I have this re-occurring thought about prayer at a particular time & place. I just hope that I'm not the only idiot that's thought about this before.

We're instructed to pray w/out ceasing, yet I know of 1 place, for me at least, where it seems totally inappropriate & down right irreverent to do so. It's a place where I find myself a lot during the day. It's also the only place, at times, where I'm ever truly alone.

Humor me here for a sec if you will, 'cause the place I'm talkin' about is probably a taboo sanctuary of sorts for you as well. I'm talking about a place where the work isn't over till the paper work is done. Some call it the can, the john or whatever, but does God not want us to call Him from it?



I'm not trying to be overly ridiculous here, but honestly, what do you think? I know folks that have trouble talking on the phone if they don't happen to be clothed & others that don't have a problem at all talking to their better-half while dropping the kids off at the pool if you know what I mean.

Should it be any different w/God?

I tend to lean towards it being disrespectful, but wonder why when I don't have the same feelings when conversing w/Amy.

If it not be an offendable act, just think of the marketable...I mean ministry opportunities for those that are prayer deficient due to lack of time. Everybody's gotta go sometime right? Don't even get me started on the number of aides that could be available...

The John's Book of Prayer
Establishing & Maintaining Your Own Prayer {Water} Closet
Allowing the Spirit to Flow w/God's Drano (A Practical Approach to Spiritual Fluidity)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cam @ArcadiaTrails said...

First of all, I'm laughing my freakin' butt off!
But as for your question, heck yeah, I do it all the time! ALL the time! It's one of my favorite places to do it - cause it's one of the few places I get any peace & quiet!
Any further discussion is going to dabble into TMI realm, so I'll leave it at that. Hahaha!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

what's the big deal?
I have called on Him in worse places.

9:21 AM  
Blogger jimmy said...

I don't usually call on ANYONE while I'm "cuttin' cable".

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home