Saturday, July 02, 2005

More Than Words

All too often my own words indict the very person I want to be
Of this glass house will I ever be free?
I walk in blindness & claim to see
Oblivious of the Phoenix beset to rise in me

Throwing rocks is always fun
Until we turn to see our own house undone
Bare, bloody feet shuffling through glass shards
Seeing through temporal veils has proven hard

The Eternal abounds outside of our constraints
All the while suffering our praises, our patronizing, our complaints
His majestic nature to assuredly be revealed although now we just partly see
Regret will come through fading sparks of memories

To finally realize that the Eternal abounds within
Not confined, restricted or limited by this fleshy den
But found coaxing, pleading, leading my immortal to transcend
The entangling entrapments not of a reality realized but of one of pretend

We're here but for a while
Then it's off to the trial
To weigh out if we drank of the atoned
Received a heart of flesh or kept the one of stone

While we save ourselves & see about our own
The whole of creation aches & groans
Awaiting the return of the great Unknown
To rattle this existence like a valley of dry bones

So may my words be more than utterances without substance
May they speak of 1 not afraid to take a chance
To sprint full speed this life-race
To not only speak but live, breathe & epitomize this amazing grace




4 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Did you write this? You never cease to amaze me with your use of words and word pictures. Awesome.

8:43 PM  
Blogger lee said...

yep...

it's mine & thanks...

it's just stuff that rolls 'round my big fat head...

2:53 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Just came back to read this again because it have something rolling around my head about words (my head is not big or fat and I doubt yours is either).

Check out my place in the next few days for whatever it is I will be writing about words.

Happy 4th - hope you have the day off to hang with the fam!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

yes...his head is big...and fat.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home