Friday, July 08, 2005

I Alone

I sit alone. The house lies empty sans all the laughter, joy & excitement a family of 5+ w/3, five & under can bring. Dennis looms & I alone remain, having sent Amy w/her mom & my seeds away from here.

Here lies the potential for danger. Here lies the potential for death...destruction at the very least. Here lies the Gospel.

The temporal things of my life are put in perspective in light of destruction. Putting your weeping, ripe w/child 1/2 in a car headed 7 hours away from you has a way of doing that. At times, perspective seems to be nothing...but remains to be everything.

I don't intend to over dramaticize the day. Just record my heart. I'd be lying if I said that I've felt an emptiness that I haven't in quite sometime...at least since
Ivan.

Birth pains of the new creation are funny things in the right light

This is insanity.

This is real.

This is Gospel reality.

It's funny how some disconnect life...real life from inconvenience...or dare I say suffering...

The temporal nature of our lives has little to do, if anything w/real Life...

suck the marrow my friends...

suck the marrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

I'm praying for you and your family.

6:58 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

hey bro,

I hope everything is okay. I'm assuming that Amy is going away for a visit. Nevertheless, I just said a prayer for you guys.

Peace

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home