Monday, July 18, 2005

Doom Teeters

I sat w/a friend on his porch as the storm approached as we wondered aloud. It was a great evening. Doom teetered over our heads & we were able to look up, take a deep breathe & let it all hang out. We held nothing back & just appreciated the eve for what it was. Quite possibly the last that we would be able to spend in this exact manner.

We both dropped our guards long enough to find that we were/are a lot a like. The differences that are very apparent & tend to catergorize & segment us floated away on the night's breeze. I listened hard & spoke soft...hopefully.

Even as a type I long to use descriptives that would automatically give me cred w/some & destroy me w/others. I hate this. It's because the words would denigrate 1 to some & puff 1 (me) to others, or at least to myself in the saying.

I was asked yesterday how you can love one who you've learned to hate. I don't know if I have a good answer, but I do know that it ain't easy & it doesn't happen over night. It's a process, a road, a journey that we embark on one way or the other & that we never really get there. Sure, the miles to the destination become smaller compared to those behind, but they remain ahead...always ahead.

This whole experience has been one that has really been not what I had expected. Are they ever? I stare blankly at this screen now & wonder.

I began to write in search of connection, to get things off my chest, to be heard. Looking back I find that I have connected, gotten stuff off my chest & have been heard. Maybe seeing it in type makes the magic happen. Maybe not, but for whatever reason this has been a great help.

I thank all who've dropped in to read along, but I'm sorry to say that none of this was for you. As pompous or arrogant as this may sound, this happened to be all for me unbeknownst even to myself. I've connected...w/me.

Don't worry, I'm no new-ager or neo-hippy that's found himself. I'm just a dumb ol' redneck from the small sticks of La that finally is beginning to understand God & what He wants of me. Maybe I've just come to a place where I can be comfortable w/out my hands on the wheel.

I still plan to write when I can & would pray that these words would continue to resonate in the souls of those who read. Feel free to join me when/if you like. After all, there are still many miles ahead all the while doom teeters overhead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I have been enjoying the ride, and will continue to stop by from time to time. every one needs to be reminded that "doom teeters."

rock on bro.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I will contiue to stop by too. I think most of us write out blogs for ourselves but by willingly sharing them, we also write them for everyone. For me, putting my rambling thougts in writing is a way of life. I've had a journal since I was old enough to hold a crayon :) But in sharing our thoughts and observations with others we can possibly encourage, identify, inspire, entertain...I think it's a good thing.

Thank you for sharing part of yourself with us.

9:40 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

Hey stud,

I thought for sure you were a new ager. As a matter of fact I was going to suggest you start you own cult.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home