Friday, June 24, 2005

Wasted Week

It was the best of weeks, it was the worst of weeks. After the weekend that preceded it, merely surviving would seem to be the mark of it's success. I've accomplished nothing & yet I've achieved much.

I've skipped workouts. I've missed scheduled readings & quiet times. I've slept way too much & done way too little.

By & large the week has been a dismal failure.

By & large the week has been the best of my life.

I've fallen asleep in the arms of my boy, my friend, my pal, the physical embodiment & epitome of the love for my wife at least once & sometimes twice everyday. I've seen eternity in the excitement of Cassi's eyes as we've rambled through the house without a care in the world. I've fed Ali bite-size ice, much like a mother bird would her young & she's fed me popcorn & unconditional love.

Yep.

This weekend has been the most uneventful & unaccomplished that I've spent in quite sometime.

I've breathed the Eternal at the pace of life. The life that He's entrusted me with & have treasured every second of it. I'll never be able to retrieve it, nor would I want to.

I've wasted the week....so how 'bout you?

3 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

That's awesome man, you gotta have weeks like that every once in a while.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I need to waste a week like that soon. My batteries are low and I need a spark and a recharge.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home