Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ready or Not

the Minister had resorted to the comprehensive and sagacious expedient of not attempting to conceal it at all.

The inevitable approach of Arlene sentenced me & my crew to a day of house play & overall nothingness this past Saturday. It started uneventful enough, but ended with the knowledge of time well spent & lessons learned. My 3 tutors are an unrelenting sort & are on task all the time, if I would just slow often enough to listen & to learn.

We were in our 9th or 10th round of hide-n-go seek when it happened. I chose a new spot in Cam's room behind the new (to him) queen size bed that we moved in there this week. While Cam & Cassi were busy searching for me in all my usual haunts I awaited the shrieks of surprise when they eventually find me...but not this time.

I listened carefully & finally heard the footfalls that accompany our game, but it wasn't from who I expected. It seems that little Ali (1 yr old) had ventured off on her own to find her dad this time. I nearly burst inside as I watched from underneath the bedside against the wall as she uttered, as only she can, unintelligible phrases in seeking her father. As she peered inside the empty closet to seek me I couldn't help but call her name softly enough to draw her attention & not to alert her elder siblings as to my where-a-bouts.

She squealed with glee as she whirled to find me there behind the bed all along. I called her to me & we hid in anonymity from the other searchers as we celebrated her discovery. Her excitement uncontainable, it wasn't long before the oldest found us out giggling & making much merriment behind that old bed.

Ali did it! She found me 1st! I had to exclaim to the others when it later dawned upon me.

The Almighty is the same with us as His children. We ramble off looking for Him where we think that He should/would/could be & all to often He's there in plain view for us to find if we would but slow & seek with a pure heart & ears wide. It's become more apparent than ever that I've been seeking in a rush to all the places that I think that He should be & I've missed Him by & large.

I pray that He would allow me the ability to slow & seek earnestly with a heart that's pure & ears wide. I miss that warm embrace that is the very source of joy in my life & makes it worth living. I long to giggle with Him again behind that old bed.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

6...

7...

8...

9...

10...

READY OR NOT...

HERE I COME!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Great post. I was just thinking about the longing in my soul that is resolved when I discover God in my midst, right in front of me.

Sometimes I think I need to RUN to church because the longing is so great to find God and as I count to 10 as fast as I can, I take off running to where I think God is hiding and I run right past him.

Thanks for the post.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Great visual....I can just see Ali's little face light up and your joy at her finding you. I'm so glad our Heavenly Father loves it when we find him.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

after a day with the grandson...I smiled as I read.
simple joy at the sight of pure love. unrelenting love. pursuing love.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home