Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Is This Heaven?

I've found heaven. It's not where I thought that it'd be. I'm sure that it'll be somewhere else for me later in life, but for right now, I'm just happy to be there.

I get to go there a couple of times a week now. There's nothing like it. When I'm out there, everything else just fades away. The outside world just serves as an elaborate backdrop when concentrating on form, technique & fundamentals.

My heaven of the moment is a t-ball field.

It didn't happen all at once. I never even felt a tinge of a vested interest in any of the other ballers save for my Cam. That changed yesterday.

Yesterday, I got to work the outfield with a bunch of kids that aren't even mine. Most of them looked like they've never even seen a baseball before, much less learned how to stay in front of it, field it cleanly, shuffle their feet & fire it back into the infield. Needless to say it wasn't a pretty sight to behold.

Then it happened.

I could hardly believe my chest.

My heart actually broke with every passed ball & every throw that was off-line. It wasn't because I knew that this would spell doom for the Pace T-ball Redsox & their chances for a successful season, but rather that I wanted these kids to succeed. These kids that I've known for only a few hours at the ballfield have got me wrapped. I want them to have fun, learn the game, improve their skills & become as successful as they can. I feel as if they fail in some way that it's my fault.

I study the faces and I see the frustration, the elation, the agony, the indifference.

It moves me.

I can't help but think about our Father. He longs for us to work the field with Him. To take proper instruction, have fun, learn the game, improve our skills & become as successful as we can...

I just can't reconcile why some would rather hang in the dugout. That's not a viable option to me...to Him. His heart is burning for us.

How can ours not burn for Him?

Become incarnate...

work the field...

have fun...

1 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

if you build it......
they will come.....

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home