Saturday, February 26, 2005

Suck the Marrow

I read the teaser for a book on my desk the other day that stated something that should scare the fool out of you. It said that sociologist state that even the most introverted recluse affects 10k folks in the average life span. 10k? That's hard to imagine.

My only basis for comparison are the numbers for our hits on dw & this page. dw = 5,524 nm = 1,914

I know that these are paltry, but when I consider that these represent people who may be influenced or led astray by what I've written or endorsed, it scares me somewhat. To look at the stats and see that people from around the world are able to look into my head & hopefully my heart can be overwhelming at times. This is definitely NOT my comfort zone, but I feel that it's where I'm supposed to be...where I'm called.

I thought that raising 4 kids & keeping a hot wife happy would be plenty of liability for anybody, but apparently not for me. Nooooo, I seem to never be able to do things the easy way. Oh well, I've always heard that anything worth doing is never easy, so I guess we'll just have to test this proof as we go.

So how 'bout you? You tired of a life of leisure & safety yet? A life unexamined & unexplored? A life with little liability & responsibility?

What do you want the 10k+ people behind the curtain of existence to say when we all get to listen? When you have to give an account for the things you've said or done or haven't said or should've done?

The glory of God is man fully alive and the vision of God is the life of man.

--St. Iraneous

Dare to be fully alive and God's vision. Suck the marrow from this existence and leave no question to where you're passion lies. Abandon the security of your safety for His glory alone.

You'll never regret it...


9 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

Good word man....

GO BIG, OR GO HOME!!!!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

Great words my friend. I ask for the courage to live them out.

Thanks!

Rick

9:09 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the call bro. good stuff. it is good to know that the narrow road we walk is not so narrow as not to have a friend walk it with us.

life is a highway...

jeff

10:56 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the call bro. as narrow as the road is, it is not so narrow we cannot walk it with friends...

life is a highway...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home