Monday, February 21, 2005

Water's Fine

We had a home game Saturday night. Not too many on our team decided to show. I'm not sure why either. We're commissioned for competition. This was one in our own backyard. This should have been a no-brainer.

It wasn't.

We played anyway. The game has a way of continuing on without you regardless of your awareness of it or not, or whether you decide to participate or not. The game is funny that way.

It was a friendly a good-natured contest, that turned out to be more test than con. I was conned earlier in the week which made me weak and wanting to be a no-show myself...but, I know that I'd never be able to look at myself in the mirror if I were to choose the coward's path.

"I'm not equipped for that type of game" some said or "that's just not my style of play"...

BULLSHIT!

Are we in the game or not? Those called are always equipped...not the other way around...

I'm tired of lame excuses and better yet lame players, that aren't players at all. We are to engage the arena with ferocity and reckless abandon and I for one intend to do so until I breathe my last. I've been found cowering in the locker room too many times to let that happen again.

My gear is strapped and ready to go...laced up tight...head's on a swivel...

Opportunity threatens to drown the relentlessly ignorant.

I say let 'er flood...

Coach is teaching those of us willing how to swim...

Ya'll dive on in...

The water's fine...

3 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

SNAP!

you gotta give me details.

welcome to the arena of the comfortable. I play when the game is easy for me, my style, my color, my area. and even then, I may not play cause I gave at the office.

Jesus may love you, but I am his favorite...cause I am American.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

You're not the only one who's sick and tired of lame Christianity. I'm almost to the point where'd I'd rather jump in the water and drown than asks for their help anymore.

I'm with you, man, like always. As for the others, well, all I can say to them is, "¿Cómo estás, bi-atches?!"

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what Joel said. You know your mother-in-law - I'm a woman of few words, but I'm very proud of you.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home