Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Last Stop: Emmaus

When the only difference between myself and the "unsaved" heathen is the camouflaged cleanliness of my speach, my life has become meaningless. When my black heart gives root to the attempts to find appeasement in my Father through my own pious righteousness, I am a clanging gong. When my standards supersede the satisfaction of the Savior, I am anti-Christ.

I've traveled the road to Emmaus for far too long. I've been burned by my bitter tears in the realization of all I've missed. I pity Cleopas. I am him.

Does your heart feel on fire from the journey. Open your eyes. Open your heart. He's there. He's always been there. Reasoning with you from the Books of Moses til now.

What say you? Will you wait for the bread broken visibly served up to you to decide? Recognize Him now! There's enough regret in this broken world. Don't allow yours to continue to mount.

His yolk is easy. Question yourself. Open the eyes of your heart. You'll see that He's been there all along. He's not what you think.

Become a proper slave. Truly be free. He's paid too high a price for your liberty.

2 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

Thank you for your transparency Lee.

"Camouflaged cleanliness of my speech....."

OUCH!!! Good word.

12:54 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

Thanks brother. Nice post. YOur first sentence is extremely powerful. I was just getting ready to blog about something similar. I must admit, in my fear and brokeness, much like the friends on the road, I need the Stranger to walk with me and be with me before I was able to recognize Him.

Peace,
Rick

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home