Monday, November 21, 2005

It's I AM

Bloggers blog about it. Authors write about it. TV preachers will try to sell you on it. Saints embrace it. Sinners ignore it. Hypocrites manipulate it.

So much has been said & done, but we still haven't even begun to understand it. It's bigger than the air that we breath & is in the smallest of things. It contains a strength beyond measure, yet is often served up as to transcend our understanding of power.

It's an idea & so much more. It's seen in actions & sometimes it's essence is captured in words. It transforms & transfigures, but never conforms save for our own limited & tainted perceptions.

It drives 1 to their knees & lifts another by the very soul. It allows us to steer, yet remains in total control. It's contradiction only to our very limited realization & comfort beyond our ability to reason.

It is not an it at all. It's I AM & still I don't understand. My greatest gift is to know that I don't.

I AM is in the cool of the shadow & the warmth of a sun ray. I AM lies @ the bottom of the pit of my depression & sits upon the summit of my rocketing joy. I AM accepts me just as I am, but doesn't ever leave me that way.

I AM delights in tradition & loves innovation. I AM blesses the skeptic & allows the saint to despair. I AM allows me to think that I've got it all figured out, then still hangs out for when I realize that I don't.

I rejoice in the fact that I AM is unbelievable. I'm finally @ peace w/I AM being uncontrollable. I'm ok w/I AM ruining the life that I attempted to make.

I AM blurs my vision & clouds my mind when I try to comprehend. I AM doesn't need me to defend...or for that matter offend. I AM doesn't look anything like me, but I long to look more & more like I AM.

3 Comments:

Blogger tonymyles said...

This is it, man... it's all about the glory of God. It's the reality behind the shadows... the fact that makes history His Story. Keep lifting Him on high!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Lee, I read you whenever you post and your writing stuns me sometimes it's so powerful and real...kind of like you let your soul leak out onto the keyboard as you type. I don't know, that sounds weird, but you know what I mean

10:04 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

of all that is written of Him...those 2 words grab me the most.

like you, I fail to understand the severity adn complexity and simplcity of I AM.

what I do know is this...
because I AM...we can

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home