Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"I am a caffeinated Christian-"


It's no wonder people might feel uneasy around me: I am either condemning them or felling guilty for not saving them. Simply being a friend to someone who isn't a Christian is not an option for me.

I think about this and have to conclude that a good deal of evangelism is nothing short of abuse. I think it's abusive to make others your project. I think it's abusive to make them the target of your evangelical strategy. I think it's abusive to blame non-Christians for your guilt, merely because they exist. I think it's abusive to make other people a means to an end.

John Fischer (pg #90)

1 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

OUCH!!! I love everything I've ever read by Fischer! I've gotta get that book!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home