Thursday, October 13, 2005

Criticism:Constructive or Otherwise...

Criticism is very hard to take. If a person is able to take the criticism and learn from the part of it that is true, they will be a better person for it. Almost equally as important is the ability to be able to forget the criticism that is false. Like the proverb says,

“Valid criticism is as treasured by the one who heeds it as jewelry made from finest gold.”
(Proverb 25:12).

How one lives with public criticism that gets in the public record is beyond me. You must have to grow a skin so thick that you are not part human anymore. You cannot defend nor can you ever adequately explain. Ultimately all you can do is live your life before the Lord and let Him judge your efforts and learn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

i find it interesting that the replies come on a criticism post, and not the truth or love or hope.

hmm.

all sounds a bit self preserving to me.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

Thank you Holy Spirit for knowing my heart and twice calling me ignorant. I had not heard you changed your name.

As i am sure you posess some simblance of desire, based on your efforts to staignten out a web site that seems to be so ungoldly, I would ask that you read your advise to me.

since we do not know each other, I respond to what I see. and it seems, based on your comments to me, you must have already lived a life of service to our God and now are serving as a missionary to Afganistan.

if that is not the case, and you are but a young man, just begining to understand your great gift of knowledge and experience you bring to so many things reguarding the direction of a web site, and seemingly the spiritual levels and ideals of another, being so far away from home, it would do you well to invoke the Name of God on another rather than legalistic thoughts and attitudes.

seems to me your angst would be better served in not shaking a finger at a brother, but rather pulling out a knife and whittleing out the plank that seems to be lodged in your eye.

again, since we have never met, this is a responce from an older man who has lived a life full of service and mistakes unto our Great God and King. given to a youner man who has much to learn.

having said that, Thank you for your service to our country. my Son has just returned fro Iraq. He was there for 9 months. in Fallujah. He is a Marine.

I will pray for your safety and safe return to your home, where ever that may be.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home