Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You Too Will Die

1About that time some people came up and told him about the Galileans Pilate had killed while they were at worship, mixing their blood with the blood of the sacrifices on the altar. 2Jesus responded, "Do you think those murdered Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans? 3Not at all. Unless you turn to God, you too will die. 4And those eighteen in Jerusalem the other day, the ones crushed and killed when the Tower of Siloam collapsed and fell on them, do you think they were worse citizens than all other Jerusalemites? 5Not at all. Unless you turn to God, you too will die."


How quickly I forget. I must have some form of spiritual ADHD. By my last & very unofficial count, I've sat through over 1700 Sunday services & yet, I continue struggle. To know His will, to hear His voice, to surrender completely, to allow the flesh it's complete & daily death...

I guess that's why the regular gatherings are so important, dare I say essential to a vibrant relationship. I can't do without the constant reminders of truth I hold dear, yet allow to evade me from time to time. Varying degrees of perspective allow me to remain grounded, well rounded & in a constant state of evaluation of the very fabric that is my personal faith.

It just seems way too easy for me to slip into the mindset of entitlement. The idea that I'm owed this or that just doesn't gee-haw with the gospel & I forget this on quite a regular basis. In spite of all this, I'm still loved.

So now my prayer is that I'll find comfort in a place of static tension. Toeing the wire remains difficult & can be pretty damn scary from time to time, but knowing that my fall will end in a safety net of unbelievable dimension helps. Cognizance of pitfalls isn't a full-proof prophylactic measure, but it sure helps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I struggle with this whole deal.
the line I walk between wrath and mercy gets blurred by my own ignorance.

But, I cannot escape the fact that the "day of the Lord" the OT speaks of so much is very much a reality.

we are not saved from hell, or satan, or even ourselves...

we are saved By Him for Him and...here is the kicker...from Him.

this post spoke to me bro.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home