Monday, December 27, 2004

Bandage

You ever wonder why the removal of a bandage is often times more painful than the actual wound or the healing process. As a dealer I often times put in morphine orders for use prior to bandage changes or treatments for burn victims and the like @ the hospital and think that I can identify with the pain by grimacing over the removal of a band-aide from a hairy arm. I guess this is why we often would defer to leave the wraps in place?

My one wish for the Bride for the new year is that she would be further exposed. I pray for the revealing of naked wounds laid bare and the guts of leadership to not wish for the morphine to dull the pain or for the bandages never to be removed in the 1st place. Our wounds not only need the healing touch of open air, but need to fulfill purpose of reality within our body corporate.

We extend open arms to the broken, wounded and beaten down and offer safe haven for their recovery. These that would, hobble to our abode deserve our absolute honesty that is revealed through the raw healing power of redemption and restoration that is in progress. None of us have arrived or are even close, so why make nice and embrace those through the prosthesis of pseudo-arms unmarked by life?

Grant us the guts to be laid bare. Allow us to heal through our brokenness and in spite of it. Let us focus on the healing of the open air, instead of the comfort of the bandage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

the naked church!
I am diggin that.
we are so scared of the scars that make us who we are. it is through those scars we can understand the pain and battle over the tyrant that dwells within.
May She be laid bare!

7:01 PM  
Blogger New Life said...

Yes, I hate to rip off the bandage. I want to keep my wounds covered, but it is only in exposing my wounds that I am healed.

Peace brother,
Rick

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home