Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Playing Dead

Where do you turn at the end of hope?
Where realilty overwhelms and it's impossible to cope

Do you trudge on and make believe?
Untrue to self and readily deceived

Truth is still there and remains absolute
Though harder to see and difficult to compute

We die a little more, day after day
Longing for Him to take the tears away

"He'll be here soon, just stick by the stuff"
Hanging by threads seems barely enough

We gather together, yet remain all alone
Portraying interwoven orchestra, but in reality...monotone

We lift high the method and strike up the band
Forgetting the Warrior who wrote in the sand

Tongues in high gear and our gray matter disengaged
I leave feeling empty, broken and enraged

How much longer will I endure?
I can only sit and wonder and say I'm not sure

I'll remain faithful and Him only respect
I just wonder sometimes if this is really the elect

This is not right and can't be what He meant
I hope I meet right before all my days are spent

I know that we now can only see in part
But can we be transformed without using our heart?

I want Your will be done and not my own
But I don't think I can continue on alone

Please raise up Your army and let me take part
Just a few rattling bones would be a good start

I'll be waiting and dangling by this thread
Just look for the lone idiot, hopefully playing dead



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home