Saturday, August 21, 2004

Living It

Another Saturday nite and another time to cram some stuff together for another Sunday morning time of Spirit led Bible study. Please re-read the last sentence again to see if it makes any sense to you, because it sounds pretty oxymoronic to me. Oxymoronic you may ask...isn't it you who wrote the blasted thing to begin with? Well, yeah, but let me explain myself here. We've been talking somewhat over the last several months about a couple of big ideas. Primarily prayer and worship have dominated the discussions of late and to go even further we've discussed what it means to have a life of prayer or worship as opposed to having a prayer life or worship life. Confused yet? Please allow me to elaborate a bit further if you will. We've tried to define what it means to live lives that are totally consumed with either act (prayer/worship) instead of living lives that have either (prayer/worship) as merely one small aspect of it. Clear as mud yet? Good.
Maybe this explains the fact that instead of studying a lesson for tomorrow morn I'm hitting the hay. That's right kiddo's no prepared lesson for tomorrow!!! Yeah!!! I guess by now you're really confused and that may be only because I'm not doing this (studying my lesson) in the traditional sense. You see, in much the same way that I've tried to have a life of prayer instead of a prayer life and a life of worship instead of a worshipful part of my life, I've prepared for tomorrow's lesson the hard way this week...by living it. From the special visitors that appeared on my doorstep on Wednesday afternoon in the forms of Elders Wang & Jacobs and the confirmation of that special experience in the Spencer Burke book the next day to the studying of the Corban vow as found in Matthew 15 and it's relation to a fundraiser at the following leadership meeting that evening, I've been prepped by the Holy Spirit, confirmed by the word and seen signs of an amazing sort. If you'd like, I'd be happy to fill you in on the details sometime, but for now, suffice it to say, I've walk with the One and He's given me all that I need to be prepared for relating His word.
Thanks Father for an unbelievable week, which only You could provide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home