Friday, August 13, 2004

The More Carrots I See

It just ain't gonna happen I guess. Everytime I think that this is the end, that dw is finally dead and buried, that it was just a very presumptuous proposition to begin with and beyond that a very stupid idea, I get to seeing more carrots. More carrots you ask? Yeah...just like the tired old ass that wants to park it and take a break from his ground-breaking duties, he is motivated to push on a little further to really see if he could ever reach that dangling carrot that sways ahead on a string out of the sky. This has really been a mind-blowing experience. Who would have thought that a dumb old redneck from northwest Louisiana would wind up in Pace, Fl of all places? Who would have thought that the same dumb old redneck who hated to read and especially write would find himself pounding away on a keyboard as often as he does? Who would have thought that the same dumb old redneck would be able to be apart of sharing Christ with over a thousand folks world wide as of last count? Who would have thought that the same dumb old redneck (D.O.R.) would have an article ran as the feature online exclusive at Relevantmagazine.com? Who would have thought that the same D.O.R. would find himself in Gulfport, Ms. interviewing a couple of his sons hero's in the music business for an online exclusive? All this may not sound like a whole lot to you, but when you consider that a comment on one of my first papers in college included the words "needs to learn to write like a human being", it may. Or you may be of the mind that I still need to learn to write like a human being, I dunno. Regardless of what has happened or what lays ahead in the future I know one thing, that this is right. Regardless of if these words go unread, or read and belittled or whatever I know that He's pleased. Everytime that I want to quit, He's always there dangling that stupid carrot. What kind of ass am I to quit?
Thanks Father...

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Is this your way of saying not to be a dumbass???

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home