Tuesday, January 10, 2006

me being pig-headed

i'm an addict & need help. an intervention or 2 would probably work wonders...or not. i'm a recent new comer to the great satan, better known to others as the yahoo! music engine, and am amazed @ this modern wonder.

there are over 1 million, that's right people...1 million, songs @ my immediate disposal. i can stream entire albums, create playlist based on my likes or load an artist's entire portfolio in descending order of popularity all in a matter of seconds. to put it mildly, this music freak is in heaven.


my only question now, which is a very big 1 by the way, is how to use my new found power. i thought i got smart the other day when am's & i were going to spend some quiet time together & i used my new toy to create a play list based on percy sledge's when a man loves a woman. key phrase in the above was, in case you missed it, 'i thought i got smart...'.

by this time endless love had just started & amy gave me this look like you've got to be kidding right?

"what's w/the cheese?" she says

i'm like...uh...i was tryin' to set a mood...?


needless to say, we dumped the ideal of romance expressed through music to create a mood & turned on our's through some my chemical romance or something of the sort. we're not your typical couple, so why would i think that we should adhere to what i would think a typical couple would use to create mood? wrong-headed dogma raises his ugly head once again.

sometimes i wonder if i show up to worship, when god peers down & gives me the same look that amy did...


what's w/the cheese? he says

i'm not here to argue musical style, but i can't help but wonder where the problem lies...

me being pig-headed...

or

me being an unwilling participant, singing what i believe but in a way that makes it seem as tho i don't...

or

me being pig-headed...

help...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Hmmm, I have so many things to say in response to this post that I dont know where to start.

I just posted about Yahoo Music today because I made my own radio station and listen to it all day at work updating it and refining it to perfection. I understand the addiction thing. I am addicted to my iPod and am using Yahoo to curb the cravings when I don't have access to it.

You being pig-headed? Well, you have a point there so I won't argure.

You and Amy are very unique people. I love that about you guys.

Lastly, I like My Chemical Romance and think Gerad is sexy. There I said it. My son would KILL me for admitting this in public. He hates it when I like his music.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home