Saturday, October 15, 2005

I've Got My Hands on a MIracle

Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in.

The day was perfect. The sky was without blemish & a slight breeze wrapped everything. All is right in the universe as Cam, Aly & I head to the ballpark.

The radio blares U2's Beautiful Day & the Lord doesn't disappoint. He's painted the horizon w/a radiance that I feel unworthy of as I head into it @ 60mph. The waters are alive w/the intricate reflections of an unbelievable world above.

Who's playin' daddy?

We're going to see some special ballplayers today Cam.

Who are they?

You'll see.


We're on our way to the Miracle League park here & I can't wait. Our neighbor's sister plays for the Cards & Cam & I are donned in said t's & hats. There is no doubt that we are fully alive @ this moment.

I wonder @ the reaction that Cam's going to have when we get to the park. We're not there 5 minutes & he's already scouted both clubs & gives me full report.

That brown guys fast daddy.

Is he?

Yep.

The kids take to the field w/an enthusiasm that I've not seen in quit some time. Both sides cheer every player as they all hit, all run the bases & all score. The p.a. gives a bit of play-by-play as I choke down a few tears.

I see the beauty in His creation out their giving their all, even though it's not all that much. Nobody seems to notice or care. The players absorb the energy from the crowd as the sand does rain. Too much could never be enough.

I meet the founder & he tells me of making memories for these kids & their families. He also tells me of the son that's alive only in this way. He wants this for them too.

I guess that it'd be easy for me to feel sorry for them. Some locked up inside a body that obeys them not or a mind that functions only partially. But these are some of the most loving, carefree & happy people in town.

They don't worry about the newest fashion, having the best car in the lot or finest house on the street. They love w/reckless abandon & find joy in the smallest of places. Their bodies house some of the largest hearts on the planet.

What'd you think of those special ballplayers man?

They're good! Real good!

Even the 1's in the wheelchairs?

Yep! They're good too!

If we all could only see w/the eyes of a child. Looking beyond the outer trappings that we sophisticated, high-minded, mature adults get all hung up on, they are able to see something that we don't. A heart that beats w/all the joy & love as the Creator Himself flows & surrounds these precious 1's & all that'll come near.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home