Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Feted

My little brother turns 21 today. What a misnomer. Dude can eat soup off of my head...little brother indeed.

His potential is boundless & I know that he belongs to a future decorated w/greatness. I'd like to think that I played some part in his progression, but have to readily admit that 2 irons are sharper now. Growth & development was not a solo performance where 1 played/the other lead, but a duet birthed through a synergy the likes of which I've never known before. I count myself blessed just to have been here to hear the tune.

We haven't always seen eye to eye & I guess that's to be expected...remember the soup? Strength still is forged in our differences as well as our agreements. This allows me to know that this is real.

He stands to make many proud 1 day soon, as if he hasn't already. He's already beyond whatever I never dreamt about being at that age. Too many hog troughs for me in those days.

I can't wait to see what's in store. Today I celebrate his birthday, with an eye towards many to come. Tomorrow a future awaits abounding w/possiblity...

Happy b-day jb!

1 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I have 2 bro's. one that I do not speak to that often (funny how stupid things can seperate) and another that died 16 years ago.

I miss them both.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home