Thursday, September 15, 2005

Nowhere


Amy has plans for speeding up the arrival of Lani J. I'm not so sure that it'll help, but I'm here to support either way. So, today we walk. The morning air is nice (around 77 degrees) & I don't think I even broke a sweat. Unusual especially for Florida in September.

Afterwards we sit in the front yard while the girls play w/their strollers in the drive. We don't even speak much, just enjoy the moment & the silence. The awning's edge from the garage provides ample shade & a nice breeze blows.

I'd be a liar if I tried to say that I wasn't in possession of some sort of anxiety of the future, but I swallow it back down in small gulps & prayers set a drift that bring me peace about it. I've always been an all or none kind of guy & I guess that that's why Christianity has proven to be so difficult for me from time to time. Resting in uncertainty & unclarity is the name of the game from time to time & even the smallest hint of not knowing undoes me occasionally.

What I learn is something that I should have always known. Pride tries to undo the done brought about in lessons of simplicity. 1 step forward...2 back.

Understanding the connectiveness of our existence. Learning to wait. Allowing the supernatural to direct the natural.

We all await the birthing of the kingdom. Some in different ways than others. Some more excellently than others. So we walk.

We await the birthing of little Lani J & find the waiting to not be much different. We do things in anticipation of the arrival. We do things to speed the process, thought to be in the best interest of the 1 to come. We do some things that are more excellent to be done than others. So we walk.

Irregardless to our efforts, our results remain the same. Dependent on the unseen, who calls us into ultimate trust. So we walk.

The process remains mystery & mystery requires faith. So we walk, physically getting nowhere while traveling eons. Nobody guiding us nowhere...& learning to trust every minute of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Praying for Lani J to arrive quickly and for you and Amy and the other kiddos.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

DANG BRO!
it is like you snatched my heart out, read it in brail, and put it back in my chest.

walking with you.

7:50 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

I love you, bro.

You are a frickin' poet! Jeez, dude I don't know where you get the words.

I just prayed for you guys.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home