Monday, January 24, 2005

i know

i propose another reason for the state of christian affairs. it's just too hard. it's unfair. it's very literally self-defeating.

it's just too hard because you never are going to measure up. no matter how much time you spend in prayer or bible study, you're never going to get there. never mind the fact that your body is in constant conflict with the things that you know to be true in a very real & spiritual nature.

it's unfair because the more you have revealed to you only goes to show that there is an exponentially equivalent amount of stuff that you don't know about & probably never will. i constantly scratch my head & wonder how i've missed the point for so long. my incomplete, and at times, incoherent knowledge base leaves me bewildered and bumfuzzled.

it's very self-defeating by the very nature of the One whom all our adoration is due. He is our measuring stick and it's nothing short of perfection. we're called to be something that we'll never be.

i'm sorry for the negativity put forth in this post. i can't help it. i've had a tough week.

i know the answers to the above & i'm certainly not looking for pat answers or cliche's for a lift. sometimes a simple "i know" will suffice. anybody know what i mean?

all i know for sure is that i'm an idiot. i can never possibly hope to comprehend God, but that doesn't mean that i'm gonna quit. i understand free will somewhat, but it doesn't stop my heart from breaking when my Cassi has to get her face sown up. my knowing about a grand design still doesn't stop my tears when my wee one's hearts break.

why?

i know.


2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

I know...

but this is where I choose to live. a place where the answers we get from others are meaningless, but the closeness we get from Him is life.

I know Bro...I know

7:16 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

Thanks bro.

I just trust the mystery of God. The mystry of my salvation and redemption through Christ. I'll never understand it. I have gone from a place of "seeking" to draw closer to God, and to a place of attempting to "be still and KNOW that he is God." It is resting in God's love and mercy that I often find unsettling. Can I really be loved like that?

Rick

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home