Monday, January 17, 2005

Why?

Why? Why is there pain in this world? Better yet, why if God is so good, kind, compassionate and is even known as love, does He allow all this suffering? Why? I'm afraid that our very limited, finite minds will never be able to fully understand this, but it still doesn't answer the question. Why?

My beloved bought our kids their 1st pet a couple days ago. He/she (i don't know for fish sex) was a beta, who the kids promptly named Flava Flav. Go figure. Needless to say, Flava didn't last & I found him laying at the bottom of his little fish bowl this morning when I got up. I promptly hid him in the closet before the kids saw him and before Amy & I could figure out our next move.

"Where's Flava Flav?" they asked not soon afterwards.

"Sleeping" I lied in my attempts to buy some time.

The inevitable happened at a quarter till 10. I sat the kids down and told them Flava had died. My heart shattered as Cam's face sprung a leak & I knew that in some small, or big, way that Amy & I were partly to blame.

If we had just never bought the damn fish in the 1st place...

Part of Cam's innocence died today. It nearly split my heart in 2. I don't know if I can take anymore of this kind, but I know that that's not an option.

He'll definitely know more pain, but he'll also know more joy too. The world in which we live doesn't allow for us to know 1 without the other. If it did, how would we know 1 from the other.

I know that some may say that this is stupid & that it was just a fish, but it was so much more to Cam and therefore it was so much more to me. If my heart breaks with something as silly as this, I can't help but wonder how our Father's above breaks with ours.

Why?

1 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

to say the our actions may break the heart of our God...makes our relationship a personal one...just as your son.

I am finding that most of us want to keep the thought of my actions actually meaning something far from the main area of our thinking. after all, when we get personal with God, He gets all up in our chili. not many folks want that.

on the flip side, we ALL want the good part. blessings, sappy emotional touches when we sing a song.

can we really have one with out the other???

my kids, both grown now, have shown me more of the heart of Jesus than any other speaker, book, or church service. the honesty in which we deal with our kids should remind us and teach us of His love for us and His patience, and His temprerance, and most of all...His forgiveness and commitment to our whole lives.

good word bro.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home