Sunday, January 02, 2005

Screaming Out

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm a creature of habit & routine, so after working this shift for 3 1/2 yrs I've finally come to some conclusions. Saturday rolls around & after putting in close to 80 hrs for the week, I start to feed off of this euphoric sense of accomplishment accompanied by the grandiose idea of 7 days off. These feelings are compounded by my emotions of the Sunday to come & the privilege it is to teach.

Needless to say, Saturday nites & early Sunday mornings are a time of spiritual highness for me. I often wonder if it's because my physical body is so worn, that I appear more spiritual or stronger spiritually. This is a very special & emotional time for me. I wouldn't trade these hours for anything...only problem is that it's limited.

I always get the sense that I'm going to take Sunday morning bible study by storm and leave a wake of spiritually slain students, but my storm is usually a drizzle by then. The limitations of my physical self become pretty evident and therefore often leads to my great disappointment of what was to be going in. Tonight is no different, safe for the fact that I enquired earnestly that He'd allow it to be.

As Gold & Silver blared through the speakers of my Chevy I sped to work this nite, the thirst that He'd placed in me made manifest in the salt streams that traversed my cheeks. I didn't even know all the words, but I knew enough. I knew that it's all about shelter and how I longed for the shelter that could preserve my 'high' until the morning.

This morning...now, is to be like no other. This is where it starts. I'm to propose the beginning of our Boiler Room of sorts here in Pace.

Inside of me is screaming out, I'm praying for my prayers

I was hit like a sledge hammer last nite. I've been working on Red Moon Rising, when it happened. If '05 is to be the year it has to be for me, dw, etc. it's got to be a year of prayer & walking ever closer with Him. This is to be accomplished through the Boiler Room.

A room that brings about connotations of power, essentialness, blood, sweat & tears. A room that spurs creativity, imagination and the desire for depth. A room where communion is a literal & figurative reality.

Do I see God in all of this? maybe all along
It's just that we're so small, and simply not as strong
Strong like wings of silver, and feathers made of gold
To carry heavy hearts, to cover all our helpless souls

The time for talk has ceased. The time for action is upon us. It weighs heavily upon me and threatens to be the mill stone that drags me under.

If you live in the Pace/Pensacola area and are interested in revolution, join us. If you live elsewhere, I'm working on a way to connect us through dw & prayer. If you've got any ideas, feel free to let me know.

All I can tell you for sure, is that '05 is going to be a year like no other. I believe it's to be a year of relentless pursuit, phenomenal growth & blessed anointing.

Inside of me is screaming out, I'm praying for my prayers

I can't continue with the status quo. My heart burns within me for what I know that He desires to accomplish. The time is now.

Stay a while...















1 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

count me in.
I aint going back.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home