Wednesday, June 28, 2006

beckoning...

3 hrs out from takin' the kids to see superman returns & i find myself unable to sleep, even tho i'm in smack in the middle of my rotation of working graveyard & have only managed a couple of hrs sleep since i got off this am...

no matter...

my head swims & it almost feels as if i don't get this out, the ol' gray matter will cease to tread water & drown...

i love supe'...

i mean, who doesn't & what's not to love...

right...?

well, for as much as he stands as such a strong x-type, i'd like to propose a more enigmatic character that has completely captured my admiration...

gump...

it played nite 'fore last & as usual i couldn't turn away...

it was @ the part where jeni resurfaces in forrest's life in order to be saved, cared for & to provide a redemptive future of sorts for little forrest...

in the past this part always pissed me off...

i mean...

really...

you're just getting played gump!!!!

can't you see...?

she's just a no good whore that only runs to you when she wants or needs something...

get w/it man...

or so i thought...

as i watched the scene this nite...

i no longer see forrest or jeni, but jesus & myself...

i sit on the park bench & ask to be a part of his life, the only thing that can save me, as i realize that all my shenanigans have run their course & will be the certain end of me...

w/out batting an eye, he accepts me in all my whoredom & invites me back to greenbow, where he'll care for me for the rest of my days...

i don't deserve it or him, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by that fact in the least...

he dresses me in white, even tho that's a color i don't deserve to wear & loves me w/out question, condition or limit...

he continues to love & tells me so even after my flesh finally buries me...

he even weeps...

for me...

my life makes a mockery of his acceptance & unconditionality...

still he loves...

his meekness is always mistaken for weakness...

big mistake...

after all my running i'm totally captured...

his innocence floods my soul & runs out my eyes...

this maybe supe's day in the spotlight...

but, to me he's just a tree in a mighty forrest...

1 that's always been there...

beckoning us to return...

home...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang. you don't post often but when you do it's so good. i may have to link to this...can I? Another friend of mine did a Superman thing on his blog today too, Bruce at A Bit of Smoke.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

good stuff...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

a new love for gump

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

is He safe?


no... but He is good...

9:14 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

hey bro, Been missing you. Please keep me and Renee in your prayers...

Love you bro!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home