Thursday, May 11, 2006

my life is my song...

if you hadn't picked up on it by now...

i'm a pretty odd cat...

so you may or may not find it odd that i've spent some bucks on back issues of paste magazine dating back to '03. i'm currently in the jan/feb #3 edition & have to repeatedly ask myself why. why am i reading a rag that's over 3 years old now that's talking about current music of the day?

well here it is...

it's been a tough row to hoe here lately for me on a very personal level. i'm really struggling w/who i am @ times & am trying to find purpose thru all that seems to be falling out of my sky. i'm too much this for some & not enough that for others. while i know that my worth isn't based on the ideations of what others think of me, i can't help but still be affected by it all.

then comes pg #34...

i'm not sure that i've ever thought much on rosie thomas, but her words really sum up where i'm @ now. they're found @ the end of an article on her & what the good paste folks thought to be the #1 album for '02. i'm not sure that i could/can put it any better than this, so for what it's worth, here it is...

"All I do is--I'm a completely broken person and a weak person, and I admit those things in my songwriting. I make the choice to get over those fears, to push myself out on stage and just to perform whether I'm scared to death, whether I'm scared what people think. I just make the choice to get beyond that because it really doesn't matter. When it's all said and done, I'll know that I tried to use my life, my brain and my heart for good things, and hopefully things that God would want me to do with my life."

rosie thomas

my life is my song & the world my stage...

may the good lord find it pleasing to his ears...

2 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

Hey brother,

Hope all is well. You now, I thank God for you. I am glad you are out there.

Let's talk soon.

Give my love to the family.

Love ya, bro.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

A comforting thought...

http://allyourheroesaredead.blogspot.com/2005/10/comforting-thought.html

Great show... Hope we can meet up again soon... Check out the link, see what you think...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home