Friday, March 18, 2005

Miracle Drug

He's 91. She's 88. They've shared 68 years as 1.

He cries just about every time that we leave now. He's by her side now...perhaps for good. It makes leaving just about as hard as going.

They now share room #414 at The Haven of Our Lady of Peace. The stories are always the same. Our talks now seemed scripted.

She's here, but has been gone for some time now. Locked up inside somewhere...where no one else can seem to get to. It breaks his heart & mine for being a witness.

Cam tries to tell her hello & shake her hand. She can give no audible reply. Mom tells Cam that she's telling him hello with her eyes. He believes...so do I.

I read the paper today. One of my heroes took it on the chin yesterday. A parent of a former player that killed himself calls them all cowards. As much as I don't won't to...I know she's right.

I don't care how many millions he made or homers he hit, the time is now to step up to the plate...for real. I'm not for witch hunts either, but how can 1 sit silent knowing what's at stake? Cowardice? No doubt! Criminal? I think so.

Feeling the gravity of temporal lives at stake, how much weightier an issue is the business of spirituality? Every day should be approached with the soberness and seriousness of a congressional hearing when we're called to testify of the 1 who bound us for eternity. We will give an account 1 day and in many ways we give it continually now.

Not all accounts will be audible. Not all testimony will be heard, but all is seen. Cam learned yesterday that seeing can be believing.

God I need your help tonight

Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
"I was a stranger
You took me in"

The songs are in your eyes
I see them when you smile

We possess this miracle drug. Ironically it kills too. Fortunately it kills so that we can truly live.

I am you and you are mine
Love makes nonsense of space
And time...will disappear

My memories of Bennett & Rae Marie will never disappear. I can't wait to see them 1 day as they were before. Now only the shells remain. I would that I could continue to hear the songs, & learn to play them with mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Remnant Sons MC said...

Bro...
the reality of your words hit me in the chest like a medicine ball. it litterally took my breath away.

my desire to live joyfully must include the brevity of life. all knees shall bow. all tongues shall confess.

"rest, recieve, enjoy, be obedient."
I pass these words on to you, as they were given to me.

10:29 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

I am always at a loss for words after reading your posts. YOu leave me speechless.

Beautiful.

Rick

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home